Dear valued patients,
We want to assure you that the medical providers and staff at PainCare of San Diego are dedicated to maintaining your safety and well-being during these unprecedented times.
Our current office hours are as follows:
- Physician visits: Open for our regular business hours.
- Chiropractic / Physical Therapy visits: Currently closed, but scheduled to reopen next week Monday, March 30th.
At PainCare of San Diego we continue to follow standard universal precautions as issued by the CDC to help protect each and every one of our patients and team members from exposure to potential infectious pathogens on a daily basis.
While we are doing everything in our power to protect you, we also ask for your cooperation and understanding in making our office environment a safe one. If you have a cough, fever, or chills, please call our office to reschedule your physician or therapy visit. We will be checking temperatures on all patients upon arrival to the clinic and anyone with a reading over 100 degrees will be asked to reschedule at least three weeks later as a precaution. If you require a refill of your medications, your physician will contact you for a phone conference.
In addition to the above standard measures, we will be exercising a higher level of infection-control in our waiting room, including removing all magazines and educational materials, and limiting the number of patients inside the waiting room at one time. The number of waiting room chairs have been temporarily reduced to ensure social distancing. And while we love and value each of our patients, handshakes and hugs may be replaced with an “elbow bump” for the time being.
Also, to practice social distancing and minimize the number of people in our waiting room, please show up no earlier than 10 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment. Additional family members or guests will need to wait outside in their vehicles unless their presence is absolutely required during your visit.
For your additional peace of mind, these are the specific precautions taken at each physical therapy visit.
- Use of single-use gloves and masks while having direct contact with each patient.
- Use of full-length sleeves. All work clothing is laundered on site.
- All instruments after each use are sterilized in an autoclave (a high-pressure steam oven) to kill every known infectious organism, including coronavirus.
- Each piece of exercise equipment is thoroughly wiped down and disinfected after each patient visit.
- Either thorough hand washing or the application of an alcohol-based hand sanitizer is used immediately after the treatment of each patient.
Instituting these higher standards will help keep you and our entire team safe until this health risk subsides. We care about each and every one of our patients and look forward to seeing you again for your next appointment.